It’s no surprise that most people hate Mondays. But, most people’s disdain for Mondays begins to creep on into their weekend and puts a serious damper on their Sundays. Don’t let yourself fall victim to the Sunday night blues. Take some tips from the people who have figured out how to keep the Sunday night sadness at bay. Here’s how the most successful people spend their Sundays in order to fully recharge and get the most out of the week ahead.
1. They make time for family. Sundays are the perfect day to catch up with loved ones. Weekdays are typically jam packed with work, meetings and other obligations, so slow Sundays are the perfect opportunity to make time for friends and family.
2. They schedule time for fun activities. What’s a better way to ward off the Sunday night blues than to schedule something fun for the weekend? Having something to look forward to each Sunday will help to combat that feeling of dread- that feeling that your weekend is coming to a close.
3. They don’t ditch their diets. For a lot of people, the weekend is the perfect excuse to let loose, throw caution to the wind, and forget all about eating healthy. While you can’t be perfect all of the time, completely abandoning your diet all weekend is likely to result in feelings of regret and bloat, rather than comfort or happiness.
4. They don’t ditch their exercise regime either. Again, sometimes you just need a break from your daily structure, but don’t use your weekends as an excuse to turn into a lump on a log. Exercise is a great way to de-stress and unwind after a long week. Don’t slack on your self-care over the weekends!
5. They make a plan. Taking a few moments to plan for the week ahead can ease any anxieties you have about work and allow you to enjoy the remainder of the weekend. If you set aside 20-30 minutes on Sunday morning to check emails and make a quick plan for the week, you no longer have to stress about it for the rest of the day. Now, you’re free to do as you please for the remainder of your weekend!
6. They look forward to the week ahead. The most successful people put a positive spin on life. Instead of dreading the week ahead and thinking, “Oh crap, tomorrow’s Monday!”, they get psyched for the week ahead! They think of everything they’re going to accomplish and get ready to dominate all of the goals they have set for themselves!
7. They chillax. Successful people take advantage of the peace and quiet that is a Sunday night and enjoy their time unwinding. They catch up on their reading, meditate, or take a hot bath. Instead of ruining their night, counting down the last few moments before the dreaded Monday comes, they drift off to sleep with a smile on their face thinking, “Watch out Monday, I’m coming for you…”
To learn about our team and the culture here at Zenith Acquisitions check us out on our LinkedIn page.