No matter who you are, we all have those moments when we just don’t feel like doing a darn thing. Even the most motivated people who seem to have all of the energy in the world and always seem to be doing something productive have a lazy bone in them! Hey- we’re all human!
There’s nothing wrong with taking some time once in a while to do absolutely nothing but catch up on some TV or catnap. But what happens when the laziness strikes when you have important stuff to do? We’re not talking about those times when you just need a small kick in the pants to get going. We’re talking about those can’t get off your butt, can’t think straight, can barely focus, on the verge of burning out-type of lazy days.
Those are the days when you need to break into your bag of tricks and employ multiple strategies in order to get your butt in gear. Here are a few tips to keep in mind for those especially lazy days.
- Make a list. When you’re already feeling unmotivated, it’s even harder to get going when you feel overwhelmed with all of the stuff you have to do for the day. Instead of sitting around dreading everything you need to do, grab a notepad and write everything down. Write things down in order of importance. Once you have everything on paper, you won’t have everything swimming around in your head, causing more unneeded stress and anxiety.
- Have a cup of tea or coffee. Have a cup of green tea to get boost your focus, energy and enjoy all of its health benefits, as well. Not a fan of tea? A cup of coffee will give you the wake up you need and increase your mental clarity, too. While you’re caffeinating, make a plan for how you’re going to accomplish your to-do list.
- Put on some music. While you’re sippin’ and planning, pop on some music! Good music has a magical way of getting you amped up when you thought there was no way that you could possibly get out of the slump you were in. Before you know it, you’ll be ready for action!
- Get your body moving. Getting your blood pumping is one of the best ways to increase your energy, your focus, find motivation and plain ole’ put you in a great mood! It may sound like crazy advice to get up and exercise when you’re already feeling lazy, but if you can just get yourself to begin, the energy and motivation will kick in right away and last for a long time!
- Tackle one thing at a time. Don’t overwhelm yourself by trying to take on too much at once. Work on accomplishing one task at a time. Each time you accomplish something, you’ll feel more and more accomplished, which will help you to gain more and more momentum. Nothing feels as good as putting a big fat check mark next to the items on your to-do list.
- Just do it! You’ve got to just force yourself to get up and get to it! Most people think that motivation always comes before the action. However, sometimes we have to get started first, and then the motivation follows. Getting started is often the hardest part. It’s all downhill after that.
- Reward yourself. Give yourself something to look forward to when you finish. Sometimes, all we need is a little treat to get through the tough days. Don’t give in to yourself until you finish, though!
In an industry where we pride ourselves on being super-motivated, it’s pretty uncommon to find ourselves feeling lazy and unproductive. However, there are all kinds of circumstances that can contribute to any one of us falling in to the trap of laziness. As long as we all have some tips and tricks up our sleeves, we’ll be back to kicking butt in no time!
Learn more about the culture and career opportunities at Zenith Acquisitions on our website.